President & Chief Executive Officer
Over the past 30 plus years, Steve’s passion has been to help communities grow and thrive through programs and services at the YMCA. He remains committed to the Y’s mission of strengthening the foundations of community for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Having served in multiple executive roles during his tenure with the Y Steve currently has the pleasure of working alongside a strong board and many cause-driven leaders that serve more than 177,000 families across our many locations in the Greater Houston Area.
Through successful collaborations, executing civic engagement and leading thousands of team members, Steve has played an integral role in bringing the following milestones to the YMCA of Greater Houston:
- Successful community partnerships which aid and foster social growth
- 200 childcare facilities
- Youth outreach programs and camps servicing thousands of students
- International partnerships in South America and Vietnam
- Group activities and social opportunities for active seniors
- Support for refugee resettlement services
- Leading the fight against human trafficking
Steve is a proud father, husband and community leader who enjoys outdoor activities, long-distance running, biking, and live music.
His vision is to continue to uphold the Y as a pillar in the community in which outreach and culture offer fellowship, solace, and support to individuals and families that call the YMCA home.