YMCA swim team is a competitive program that focuses on the development of swimming skills for all ages and abilities.
The YMCA of Greater Houston offers a regional swim team program with six swim teams.
The six regional locations for swim team are:
- South - EA Smith YMCA (some practices will be held at the Thelma Ley Anderson Family YMCA) - Practice times>
- Central - Weekley Family YMCA - Practice times>
- West - TW Davis Family YMCA (some practices will be held at Fort Bend Family YMCA) - Practice times>
- North - South Montgomery County YMCA - Practice times>
- Northwest - Brenda and John Duncan YMCA - Practice times>
- Northwest - Langham Creek Family YMCA - Practice times>
The YMCA of Greater Houston's regional swim team program focuses on quality and aligns with national YMCA competitive swimming standards and provides our swimmers with more exposure and greater opportunities to compete at both regional and national levels.
- Ages 5+
- Ability to swim 25 yards without stopping
- Swimmers must be YMCA members to participate
Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers' skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values and promotes progression at an individual level.
Benefits of Y Swim Team
- Developmental League
- Patient Coaches
- Fun Environment
- Healthy Competition
- Emphasis on Stroke Instruction