AT&T has suspended broadband usage caps for our home internet customers (no overage fees). Internet access for qualifying limited-income households at $10/month through Access from AT&T program. At&T won’t terminate service of
any wireless, home phone or broadband residential or small business customer due to an inability to pay their bill as a
result of the coronavirus pandemic – no late payment fees for those customers.
Comcast is offering two months free for new customers of Internet Essentials with no contract and an option to buy a laptop for $149. Comcast has also removed data caps for 60 days and committed not to disconnect any customers for non-payment or late payment.
EveryoneOn offers broadband service to income-eligible families (for example, those that qualify for free or reduced school lunch, or who live in public housing) at a cost of around $10-12 per month (varies from state-to-state). Some states also offer very low-cost laptops or desktops ($100-200).Several internet providers are offering discounts or free internet services during the time of the pandemic.
The Houston Furniture Bank is offering the following to serve our clients during this pandemic, if needed, in order to keep
1. The client may shop alone.
2. The caseworker may shop for the client.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR P-EBT FOOD BENEFITS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JULY 31
P-EBT is for families who meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Children up to 21 years old who are certified for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program at school in Texas during the 2019-20 school year.
• Children 5-18 years old who received SNAP food benefits for the month of March 2020.
• Children who attend a school that offers free meals to all students through Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 (P2).
Immigration status does not matter when applying for P-EBT.
Verizon is waiving late fees and committing to no discontinuation of service during the next 60 days. Visit verizon.com/about/news/our-response-coronavirus for information about Verizon’s services during the pandemic.