Houston Texans YMCA
Relevent Sports Group (RSG) strives to partner in meaningful ways with host communities beyond simply playing a soccer match. Through the International Champions Cup (ICC), RSG is partnering with charitable organizations in each match city to leave behind something that will benefit the community, elevating soccer and the joy of playing the game. This new initiative is called the ICC Legacy Project.
The Houston Texans YMCA is honored to be RSG’s ICC Legacy partner in Houston. RSG felt that the facility’s focus on providing programs in youth sports, in particular soccer, to the community at little or no cost, with no individual in need turned away was a perfect fit with the ICC Legacy Project.
RSG’s support of the Texans YMCA includes the following:
- Donating soccer balls & other equipment, such as small-sided goals, pop up goals, corner flags, cones, ball bags
- Conducting coaches’ clinic to help the facility’s staff/volunteer coaches improve their skills
- Underwriting league fees for children whose families cannot afford the fees
- Repairing holes in playing fields
- Providing thirty (30) tickets to the ICC Houston match featuring Bayern Munich v Real Madrid on July 20th NRG Stadium.
On April 8th, executives from Lone Star Sports & Entertainment and RSG were joined by Kelly Hodges, Executive Director of the Texans YMCA, along with the Texans’ cornerback, Johnathan Joseph, to celebrate the partnership announcement.
RSG will continue to look for opportunities to engage with the Texans YMCA in the future and maintain a long-term relationship.
For more information on the ICC Legacy Project, please visit https://www.internationalchampionscup.com/en/legacy-project.