To help combat drowning, the YMCA of Greater Houston will host a FREE Swim Class Event on June 8 to assess children’s swim abilities, offer kids ages three and older a taste of swim lessons at the Y, and provide their parent/guardians with important tools for drowning prevention.
Is your family Water Wise? Take the water safety quiz below!
DID YOU KNOW:
Drowning is the second leading cause of death in children under the age of 14 in Texas.
To ensure safety around water:
• Know that any depth of water is dangerous
• Place barriers around water
• Always designate or be a water watcher - be diligent!
• Remember drowning is quiet and quick
• Learn water rescue skills and CPR
• Take formal swim lessons
Learn more about Drowning Elimination programs at the Y:
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS: