AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Where Kids Excel After the Bell
The Y makes the most of your child’s after school time by offering active learning opportunities designed to engage and expand young minds. Housed in large, open spaces inside local schools, YMCA After School Care gives your child the opportunity to get to know their schoolmates better as they engage in active play and collaborate on fun projects. In the process, they'll continue to develop the physical, educational, emotional and social skills which are proven keys for success.
As a leader in youth development, the YMCA of Greater Houston serves over 9000+ ages 5-12 on a daily basis providing safe, quality, affordable afterschool care in approximately 200 sites in 23 school districts. Enrollment is open to any child, ages 5-12 years old who is a student of the school/district in which the site is located.
Check out our site listing to find out if the YMCA program is offered at your child’s school site and REGISTER NOW! Transportation offered at selected sites. Special rates available for YMCA members.
Y AFTERSCHOOL BENEFITS
• Conveniently located on school campuses
• All sites are licensed through the Department of Family & Protective Services
• All staff undergo pre-employment drug tests & background checks
• Low staff-to-child ratios
• Highly qualified staff who receive ongoing education
• Financial assistance available, upon application
Y AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM MODEL
All of our afterschool programs provide a range of activities including:
• Homework help
• Structured academic enrichment activities
• Indoor/outdoor physical play
• Hands-on engaging activity centers for students to explore
• Healthy snack
This program is operated in partnership with the American Red Cross to ensure all children have increased access to mental physical well-being in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.