COVID-19 Child Care Assistance Program
In response to the economic crisis facing our community, childcare providers, and families due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Harris County and Fort Bend County have provided the YMCA of Greater Houston funding to support residents with child care and virtual learning to help them get back to work in their communities. The funding is solely dedicated to providing free tuition to After School and/or Virtual Learning Centers for Harris County and Fort Bend County residents, with priority focus on essential workers and families in need of child care assistance due to COVID-19 hardships.
- Do you work or reside in Harris County or Fort Bend County?
- Does the Y offer an After School program or Learning Center program in your community?
- Are you considered an essential worker? An essential worker is defined as city/county staff responding to the COVID‐19 crisis, medical/healthcare personnel, food provision/distribution personnel (food bank and grocery stores), educators and other organizations/business providing critical services to the community during the crisis.
- Are you experiencing financial hardship due to COVID?
- Is your annual household income below $60,000?
If eligible, families will receive 100% free tuition at any Y After School or Learning Center program for any school age student between the ages of 5-12 in their household. Funding is available until December 31, 2020.
Due to limited funds available, families will be accepted into the program based on eligibility and the availability of slots.
Need to register or view available programs?