We know that kids are ready...ready for fun, ready for adventure, ready for it all. We are ready too! No one does summer like the YMCA!
While what camp will look like will be different from summers past, you can count on the same safe, high quality, fun-filled program that you have come to know from the YMCA. We are committed to keeping our participants and staff safe and healthy and the following procedures will be in place for the foreseeable future:
- Restricted access to childcare/camp spaces to only staff and participants
- Small group sizes with a 1:9 ratio with a significantly reduced capacity for the entire camp program
- Separate rooms for reach group of young people with the same staff each day
- Multiple temperature checks and health screening each day
- Social distancing throughout the entire program
- Scheduled handwashing and access to hand sanitizer
- Staff will wear face masks
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting processes throughout the day
Offered at locations around the Houston area, our camps place special emphasis on youth choice, achievement and a sense of belonging. Activities may include sports and outdoor games, creative and performing arts, archery, engineering and nature exploration.
Through the Kids Café program, the YMCA of Greater Houston partners with the Houston Food Bank, to provide nutritious meals and snacks to help children stay healthy and active throughout a day at camp.
There's sure to be a YMCA Summer Camp location near you!
Questions about Summer Day Camp or Teen Camp at the Y? Our team is here to help.